11/2/07

8 Random Things

Well, my camera should be fixed by early next week. I haven't really posted since it broke because I am a very visual blogger. When I browse other blogs, I'll be honest, unless something really catches my eye, I'm just looking at the pictures. I assume that is how everyone else is and I see no point in posting text about knitting without even one picture.

But...Amanda tagged me for the '8 random things' list and it is a good excuse to get back in there.

The Rules: once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I am a crazy cat lady. We have five cats; it was an accident, I promise. We have three black, boy, litter mates and another boy and a girl. The girl, Tabitha, hates the three brothers and we now are constantly fighting a loosing battle to get the cats to at least co-exist in our house.

2. Despite being a vegetarian for about ten years, I looooove to fish. This past summer I caught my biggest fish yet; a 3.1 lb large mouth bass. I fish at a lake that my uncle and four of his friends own and whenever we go there, I just can't get enough 'fishing time with Dad' in.

3. I would rather watch DVDs of TV shows that I have seen a million times than try to pick a movie to watch. My favorites are currently The West Wing and Scrubs.

4. I grew up in a small town and moved to Chicago when I was 18. I love it here but I often fantasize about moving to some small town in the middle of nowhere to live in an old house with a huge yard.

5. My favorite wall color is green. Our kitchen is green, I love it!

6. I am very messy but always come up with some grand scheme to re-organize my life. I pull everything out of a closet, put things into piles, but then get tired before it is all over and end up with a bigger mess than I started with. (Jim doesn't really like this about me)

7. My parents were high school sweethearts, got married when they were 18 and 19, and are still happily married 34 years later. I love this about my family and hope that I am so lucky when I grow up.

8. I would much rather live in a place that was winter all year long than live somewhere that was always hot and humid. I will not be moving to Florida when I retire.

That was exciting, wasn't it?

Do I have to tag knitters? Ok, I will tag Keri, Jen, Charlene, and just to see if he does it, Jim.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

HAHA.Love your answers to your questions. I was beginning to wonder where you were. I agree about the visual thing in blogs...I hope your camera either gets fixed or you get a new one because I want to see your green kitchen now! I will be doing the tag you sent, but I've been roped into documenting all my shit on Ravelry and it's taking so long. Oh well....

Charlene said...

Just replying back to your last email about acronym's....To my understanding Dear Husband =DH, Dear Son =DS, Dear Daughter =DD. Some posts have been using WH for Wonderful Husband. I just was reading my Knitting Daily emails and Sandi Wiseheart was talking about 'ladders'. In this case it's referring to the construction of the heel of socks. www.knittingdaily.com/ It's all very interesting this language of knitting. I'm learning something everyday.