11/18/07

hunting gloves

My dad goes deer hunting every year before Thanksgiving. This past summer he mentioned (in a way that you can only truly appreciate if you know my Dad) that he would like a pair of gloves with only the trigger finger missing. Well, happy hunting, Dad!Pattern: Cigar, from Knitty.com

Yarn: Knick Picks Swish Superwash in Lemongrass Heather, 2 skeins

Needles: US #5 Dpns.

Modifications: I made all the fingers to length except the right index finger. Also, Instead of doing two decrease rows at the end of the fingers and then pulling the yarn through the last six stitches to bind off, I did one decrease round then used kitchener stitch to bind off. I just thinks this looks nicer.

Hopefully they will fit him well. Jim put them on and they were just a little tight. My Dad has smaller hands than Jim so that seems like a good sign to me.
These were finished a few days ago but I didn't want to post this until he got the package in the mail. Hopefully my mom will take some pics of him wearing them for me.

No comments: